[hercules-390] HHCDL024E - Invalid allocation units
'JIm Thomas' Jim@TheThomasResidence.us [hercules-390]
2018-09-04 13:47:34 UTC
Hello,

I’m trying to create a volume with an old TSO XMIT file .. but keep getting this ‘invalid allocation units’ error, no matter what I try. Note that I started off by only specifying CYL in the control file but added the values to try to get around the invalid allocation error.

I’m running Hercules-390 3.11.

The control file is coded as
DASD01 3390-54
THE.XMIT.FILE.XMI XMIT /home/”My Files”/The.Xmit.File.xmi CYL 90 90 50 PS FB 80 32720

Could anybody please provide some direction

Kind Regards
Jim Thomas
'JIm Thomas' Jim@TheThomasResidence.us [hercules-390]
2018-09-04 18:21:24 UTC
My apologies
 it’s the double quotes in the directory name that caused the problem.

Kind Regards
Jim Thomas

Jim Thomas
Mike Stramba mikestramba@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-09-04 19:01:28 UTC
It seems to be a problem with having spaces in the directory name "My Files".

I get the same error as you with Herc 3.13, and Hyperion build version
4.0.0.8904-SDL-g6359717a with a "spaces directory". Moving the
file to a non-space directory works

MIke