zOs V.1.9 How do I Upgrade it ?Hi everyone!
maurospfc
2009-03-16 22:32:34 UTC
Hi !
I need to upgrade my z/OS running under Hercules.
Anyone know if there is any link to bring me the most recently Maintenance Level? How to do that?

Regards,

Mauro Seraphim
scott
2009-03-16 22:48:30 UTC
I would say, and I do not want to be insulting, is to let someone who
knows how to do it for you. It certainly is NOT like you would with
Linux or Windows. If you try and muck it up you may be in a world of
hurt. To know how to put on maintenance correctly would take three
months training.

Scott
Mauro Seraphim
john murray
2009-03-17 03:22:44 UTC
Scott:
How about live update , like Windows. Maybe IBM , will get it ??

John M.
Post by maurospfc
Hi !
I need to upgrade my z/OS running under Hercules.
Anyone know if there is any link to bring me the most recently
Maintenance Level? How to do that?
Post by maurospfc
Regards,
Mauro Seraphim
scott
Mauro Seraphim
Adam Thornton
2009-03-17 13:09:35 UTC
. Anyway, z/OS is a bit more complex than Windows.
I bet it contains many, many fewer lines of code, actually.

Adam

Mauro Seraphim
2009-03-17 15:15:24 UTC
Dear,
IŽve worked for mainframe since 1986. I need only to acces the IBM Put Leve for z/OS 1.9. In my Hercules, I have some PTFŽs to apply , but I donŽt have IBM lisence to download the PTFs for do that.
Best Regards,
Mauro

________________________________
Post by maurospfc
Hi !
I need to upgrade my z/OS running under Hercules.
Anyone know if there is any link to bring me the most recently
Maintenance Level? How to do that?
Post by maurospfc
Regards,
Mauro Seraphim
Mauro Seraphim
2009-03-17 15:20:39 UTC
Dear,
IŽve working  with mainframe for 22 years. In fact I donŽŽt have the license to download the zOs 1.9 to upgrade my System.
I donŽt have IBM contract to work with Hercules. I imagine that someone have any idea how do get te IBM PutLevel in Hercules.
IŽm not the only one that need to upgrade zOs in Hercules.
Thanks anyway!
Best regards,
Mauro

________________________________

Post by maurospfc
Hi !
I need to upgrade my z/OS running under Hercules.
Anyone know if there is any link to bring me the most recently
Maintenance Level? How to do that?
Post by maurospfc
Regards,
Mauro Seraphim

Ian S. Worthington
2009-03-16 22:53:47 UTC
Ish. But do it on a set of shadow files and restoring it to where you were is
as simple as a delete.

Post by maurospfc
Hi !
I need to upgrade my z/OS running under Hercules.
Anyone know if there is any link to bring me the most recently Maintenance
Level? How to do that?
Post by scott
Post by maurospfc
Regards,
Mauro Seraphim
Tony Harminc
2009-03-16 23:34:46 UTC
https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/ShopzSeries/ShopzSeries.jsp

Tony H.
Mauro Seraphim
2009-03-17 15:23:31 UTC
Tony,
I tried the link , but I think that I have to be IBM Employee for do that.
Thanks
Mauro

Mike Schwab
2009-03-17 16:03:17 UTC
No. Just a customer, with your IBM ID and password that you pay for.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA