[hercules-390] Cloud Server (Digital Ocean)
kurthamm@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-11-15 03:56:45 UTC
Has anyone installed Hercules on a cloud server? How do you handle the IP section in the cnf file? I don't own the subnet that the server sits on.

Thanks, Kurt
Mike Schwab Mike.A.Schwab@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-11-15 04:57:02 UTC

Moshix setting up his Turnkey 4- on a cloud server.
--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA
williaj@sympatico.ca [hercules-390]
2018-11-15 23:08:43 UTC
I run a Windows instance on AWS, which has a public static IP associated with it. So for my Hercules instance I just picked the next local address (ie. host is .188 so make Herc .189) and then use

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 (parms go here)

to do the portforwarding from the host to the guest Herc. Also need to open the port(s) in the local AWS firewall via the security group I think it was.

The Herc config is just like it was a PC otherwise. It seemed to work well enough, I was just trying it out to see if it could be done.