[hercules-390] This is another test...
david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-04-25 07:13:40 UTC
I'm having issues with Yahoo and/or GMail, folks. None of my emails -- when sent directly to the group via its hercules-390 at yahoogroups dotcom email address -- are getting through. They're all bouncing.

I'm posting THIS message via my web browser using Yahoo's crappy web based user interface as a test to see whether IT will get through or not.

(SIGH!) (We REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, ... (etc) need to move this list off of Yahoo!)

Fish
(David B. Trout)
Jeroen Baten jbaten@i2rs.nl [hercules-390]
2018-04-25 10:48:19 UTC

I run my own small IT company.

If everybody can agree on a nice domain name I am more than willing to
get the domain name and host the website and newsgroups for free.

Having said that, maybe you do not want to be depending on one single
person any more. So my advice would be to start some sort of charity
organization (my English does not cover a better word for it) with a
chairman and board and have that organization own the domain name.

That way you will never be dependant (?) on one single person.

Sorry for syntax errors, but you'll get the point I'm trying to make.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Baten

(David B. Trout)
Robert Prins robert.ah.prins@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-04-25 17:49:14 UTC
Set up a (bunch of) (moderated) Usenet newsgroup(s).

An English "Company Limited by Guarantee" can be set up for around GBP 20,
and legal requirements are minimal.

Robert
Hi,
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org
Some programming @ <https://prino.neocities.org/zOS/zOS-Tools.html>
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-390]
2018-04-26 02:42:25 UTC
Post by Robert Prins ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Set up a (bunch of) (moderated) Usenet newsgroup(s).
Since we are hobbyists, I think the hobbyist
Fidonet network is the most appropriate way
to echo these groups. Vince Coen is in the
process of doing this for the hercules-os380
group. Perhaps after we see how well that
works, we can do the same for the other
Hercules groups.

BFN. Paul.

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-04-25 12:36:31 UTC
Hello!
It's not just you Fish, otherwise I'd blame any of two others for
causing Yahoo to cause it. It's happening sporadically to everyone
even me. I saw a bounce message concerning one I sent off a while ago,
and yes to this list. Even though my regular address reported the
message getting through. That was the discussion concerning a Map
server, including my bad jokes, about.

That's right, if Yahoo was having problems reading your messages only,
I'd blame any of two people in Europe for causing it, and insist they
caused Yahoo to have a series of bad days..... This is being caused by
someone back there really not knowing what they are doing as the
system is folding into this new company of theirs.
-----
Gregg C Levine ***@gmail.com