[hercules-390] turn off mainframe
afonso.jal.moreira@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-12-06 18:47:59 UTC
Hi friends

when i star ZOS i use ipl......, what must i do do torn off??

what is the comand?

thanks
afonso
erwin.marschalk@gmx.net [hercules-390]
2018-12-06 19:36:06 UTC
Hi Afonso,

it depends, whats up on zOS, You have to shutdown all tasks, which needs to stop clean. For example, you have to stop, DB2, CICS, VTAM and more. If everything is down, to close up zOS with a Z EOD command. If zOS than is down, you have to stop hercules with a STOPALL and a QUIT command.

Btw. i do it with an automation tool to start and stop all STC in the right sequence.

Erwin
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-390]
2018-12-07 04:15:14 UTC
Also a $PJES2 I think.

BFN. Paul.

Erwin
Kevin Monceaux Kevin@RawFedDogs.net [hercules-390]
2018-12-07 05:16:21 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.com.au [hercules-390]
Also a $PJES2 I think.
That was probably somewhere between "and more." and "If everything is down."
"And more" could amount to a lot of things, depending on the products used
in one's shop. Before the mainframe was retired where I work, "and more"
included IMS, TCP/IP, CA-7, CAL-7, CA-Dispatch, TMON, and AF/Operator, to
name a few. Oh how I miss our mainframe and some of those products.
--
Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.
afonso.jal.moreira@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-12-07 12:42:13 UTC
thank you very much
Vince Coen vbcoen@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-12-07 15:12:06 UTC
I just run:

shutdwn

$pjes2
eoz

then on herc
stopall
quit

I should fix up the shutdwn script on m/f to totally finish but
sometimes it does not complete so rerun
the next 2 commands as the script has pauses within that are sometimes
not long enough.
afonso
Afonso Moreira afonso.jal.moreira@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-12-07 16:31:31 UTC