LIST (Vern Buerg is dead) and ZBLIST
Robert Prins
2011-12-08 10:41:39 UTC
Hi all,

Maybe this is useful

Vern Buerg, the creator of the venerable "LIST.COM" died a few years
ago and although the standard version of LIST could not display EBCDIC
files, the slightly more expensive "List Enhanced", which is now gone
forever (and wouldn't run on 64-bit systems anyway, unless you use a
VM), had that option.

However, about a year or so ago I stumbled upon ZBLIST. It's far from
being as polished as LIST, but it's a native Windoze program and,
being written by another guy (as was Vern B) with his roots firmly in
the big iron, it does have an EBCDIC mode, which is pretty useful. You
can find it at <http://www.bizer.com/zblist/> - if you use it, give
the guy some feedback to encourage him to continue with its
development.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins-***@public.gmane.org
Andreas Geissbuehler
2011-12-08 15:52:49 UTC
LIST Version 9.6s (c) Copyright Vernon D. Buerg 1983-2003
Network version licensed for exclusive use by: (me!)

I STILL HAVE MY LICENSED, BINARY STAMPED (WITH MY NAME AND KEY) DISTRIBUTION
FILE !!

If this list assures me it is neiher illegal nor immoral I'll upload my copy
IN MEMORIAM VERN BUERG.

Andreas F. Geissbuehler

LIST Version 9.6s CONTENTS Apr 05,
2003
_________________
_____________

LIST Copyright Vernon D. Buerg 1983-2003. All rights reserved.

Files on registered disk:

INSTALL BAT Copies LIST program files to Windows 9x folders

LICENSE Licensing information and sample licensing agreement
MAILER Registration form

LIST DOC Documentation file for LIST (may be PRINTed)
LIST HST Version history, summary of changes to LIST

LIST COM LIST command, Plus version, all commands and features

LISTR COM LIST regular version, no file selection menu

LISTS COM Small version of LIST, no help screen, requires only 30k

ARCE COM Archive file extract utility

FV COM Display archive file directory utility

DRLIST COM Special CTTY/ANSI version of LIST
DRLIST DOC Documentation for DRLIST to be PRINTed
LIST569C ARC Older, smaller, simpler version of LIST. Use ARCE to
unpack.

LISTOPT COM LIST customization program for registered users only.

COLOR PAT Example DEBUG input to change colors
DIALER PAT Example DEBUG input to change dialer COM port

PROGRAMS List of other programs

LISTE TXT Summary of differences with LIST Enhanced

Robert Hodge