[hercules-390] Hercules 3.03 - CYGWIN version
'Dave Wade' dave.g4ugm@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-07-24 08:59:13 UTC
Folks,

Does any one have a copy of the CYGWIN 1.5 DLL's necessary to run the 3.03
CYGWIN version of Hercules?

Dave Wade

G4UGM & EA7KAE
'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-07-24 11:26:47 UTC
Does anyone have a copy of the CYGWIN 1.5 DLL's necessary
to run the 3.03 CYGWIN version of Hercules?
According to both <https://fish-git.github.io/html/hercnew.html>, <http://hercules-390.github.io/html/hercnew.html>, <http://www.hercules-390.eu/hercnew.html> and <http://www.hercules-390.org/hercnew.html>:

What's new in release 3.03

Release date: 20 December 2005

* Native Windows version no longer requires Cygwin (David "Fish" Trout, Roger Bowler, Ivan Warren)

Why would you need Cygwin DLLs?
--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories
mail: ***@softdevlabs.com
Dave Wade dave.g4ugm@gmail.com [hercules-390]

Yahoo Groups Links
'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-07-24 14:20:07 UTC
Post by Dave Wade ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Post by '\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Does anyone have a copy of the CYGWIN 1.5 DLL's necessary
to run the 3.03 CYGWIN version of Hercules?
[...]
Post by Dave Wade ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Post by '\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
What's new in release 3.03
Release date: 20 December 2005
* Native Windows version no longer requires Cygwin
(David "Fish" Trout, Roger Bowler, Ivan Warren)
Why would you need Cygwin DLLs?
Curiousity. The native windows version won't run on NT4 ....
Windows/2000 hangs on install.
What do you mean "on install"? As I recall, back then, we didn't have any type of installer or anything (no .msi, etc).

I seem to remember the only type of "installing" that needed to be done was to manually download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (that were of course current at that time). Have you done that?

Where are you getting your binaries from anyway? I'd like to try it myself when I get a chance...

.... except I no longer have such an OLD version of Windows. :(
mail: ***@softdevlabs.com
'Dave Wade' dave.g4ugm@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-07-24 16:51:46 UTC
would you need Cygwin DLLs?
Post by '\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Post by Dave Wade ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Curiousity. The native windows version won't run on NT4 ....
Windows/2000 hangs on install.
What do you mean "on install"? As I recall, back then, we didn't have any
type of installer or anything (no .msi, etc).
If I try and update the box from NT4 to Windows/2000
Post by '\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
I seem to remember the only type of "installing" that needed to be done was
to manually download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
(that were of course current at that time). Have you done that?
Where are you getting your binaries from anyway? I'd like to try it myself
when I get a chance...
.... except I no longer have such an OLD version of Windows. :(
See above...
... and there is no OS/2 version of Hercules
Dave
Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-07-25 04:17:26 UTC
Hello!
Dave W, give me a few days and I'll see if I can track down the
libraries plus possibly even the programs built using that release of
Cygwin.

It happens at one point in time I made a habit of collecting
practically everything to do with Hercules, including early releases
of Hercules itself, especially one minor release that was last used to
build the diskpacks I use for running VM/370rel6.

I believe that will satisfy the one who breathes through gills. It
would probably surprise the one who's reading this surrounded by an
audience. Oh and Dave W, your statue problems have ended as it left.
-----
Gregg C Levine ***@gmail.com