[hercules-390] raspberry-pi as a z114
'Dave Wade' dave.g4ugm@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-07-19 08:00:37 UTC
Gregg,

One of my PI's (a Pi 3 so fast for a PI) runs Hercules quite happily. I just did a:-

sudo apt-get install hercules x3270

(actually installed x3270 separately).

Then downloaded and installed the latest 6-pck beta

I got 6200 KWhetstones using Fortran G on VM/370 which seems pretty quick to me.

My P390 gives 2700 under the same conditions. Given the shortcomings of Fortran G

I guess it really runs about 10 mips, so over twice as fast as a 4381 model 3.

Wish I had kept the benchmarks I ran on "ours" (NERCs) 4381...

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=xAF2K_xc8CIC <https://books.google.co..uk/books?id=xAF2K_xc8CIC&pg=PA9&lpg=PA9&dq=nerc+ibm+4381> &pg=PA9&lpg=PA9&dq=nerc+ibm+4381

here is a pic of the Pi and the P390 together

(link to picture on OneDrive)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag4BJfE5B3onkNAylxsm59wiXFagXA

Don’t they look happy together
.