install on windows XP
somitcw
2004-11-24 14:16:36 UTC
What do you intend to run under Hercules?

Hercules install instructions and
distribution are available from:
http://www.bsp-gmbh.com/

Avoid mixing instruction and distributions
from several sources.
did anyone succeed to install herculse on
windows XP if so does anyone have instructions?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
nophbm
jim stephens
2004-11-24 19:05:29 UTC
Z-os is most probably not eligible to be run on Hercules, due to
licensing
issues.

If you have issues with it, the people here most likely will not be able
to help
you until the issue is resolved and everyone can run it.

To our knowledge, no one can run it legally (except silly exceptions)
because
IBM has not chosen to license program products for this platform.

Jim
Post by nophbm
i want to install Z-0S
Post by somitcw
What do you intend to run under Hercules?
Hercules install instructions and
http://www.bsp-gmbh.com/
Avoid mixing instruction and distributions
from several sources.
did anyone succeed to install herculse on
windows XP if so does anyone have instructions?
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[Image]

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada
[Image]
Post by nophbm
Service.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
somitcw
2004-11-24 21:46:56 UTC
The instructions and distribution at
http://www.bsp-gmbh.com/ should be what you
need. You should also review the
configuration file options at:
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules/hercconf.html

There are license issues if you actually
IPL zOS. For a couple of years, I kept my
disk volumes back ups in Hercules CCKD format
so we could use Hercules if our 9672 exploded
and I couldn't get a replacement for a few
days. Now I do aws tape format and could
switch to any platform for a few days if our
Flex-ES system died.

If in doubt, call your IBM rep.
Post by nophbm
i want to install Z-0S
nophbm
nophbm
2004-11-24 13:52:36 UTC

Gerhard Postpischil
2004-11-25 13:47:16 UTC
I got the turnkey CD from Sam Knutsen, and installed it without any problems
at all. Only gotcha was to change HercGUI options (I ran out of space C:,
moved everything to E:, had to delete old HercGUI registry entry).

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT

2004-11-27 19:26:17 UTC
Yes, I just installed Herc on a new P4 with Hiperthreading. Most
cahllenges was with Cygwin. Also needed to re-install PCAP (there
is a new Beta release, FishPack, TUN/Tap, and the GUI). Haven't had
to much time to bring up any OS. But Herc and everything else came up fine.