[hercules-390] RE: Looking for manual GC19-6215-0
'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-09-05 00:16:24 UTC
... so now all I need is GC19-6215-0.
I don't know the manual's title, but according to the comments in Hercules's "diagmssf.c" source file:

"SCPEND as described in GC19-6215-0, which is
also used with PR/SM LPAR RMF interface call"

(if that helps any)

Thanks.
--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories
mail: ***@softdevlabs.com
'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-09-05 00:11:26 UTC
Someone sent me SA22-7098-0 so now all I need is GC19-6215-0.
2018-09-06 12:00:31 UTC
Perhaps the Linux source in arch/s390/hypfs/hypfs_diag.c can be helpful here ?

Cheers,

Peter
Ivan Warren ivan@vmfacility.fr [hercules-390]
2018-09-06 14:02:04 UTC
Perhaps the Linux source in   arch/s390/hypfs/hypfs_diag.c  can be
helpful here ?
Not all of it...

Some OSes use other features NOT documented .. Especially some fields in
the DIAG 204 response.

Especially the non described "cflag" field in the CPU description for
the LPAR  (which I assume bit 3 means : Allocated/Online).

--Ivan

'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2018-09-06 16:30:00 UTC
Perhaps the Linux source in arch/s390/hypfs/hypfs_diag.c
can be helpful here?
Thanks. I'm skeptical regarding how useful it'll be (I've looked at Linux source code before and it's typically a convoluted nightmare) but I'll take a peek at it when I get a chance.

I myself found a post that mentions "QLPAR" and "SHOWMVS":

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bit.listserv.ibm-main/PDd29yCdOck

but I looked and neither were very helpful. :(

I'd really rather have the manual itself.

Reconstructing a (semi-accurate?) DSECT from various code sources is one thing, but having a copy of the actual IBM manual that was referenced when the code was originally written is the ideal.
mail: ***@softdevlabs.com
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-390]
2018-09-05 01:26:19 UTC
A google search for "GC19-6215" (in quotes),
found this:

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/8994/Virtual-Machine-Extended-Architecture-Systems-Facility-Release-2-CP-Command-Reference/

Giving the name:

"Virtual Machine/Extended Architecture Systems Facility Release 2 CP Command Reference"

I found a manual with a similar name here:

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/370/VM_XA_SP/

But it didn't have "SCPEND" in the index.

BFN. Paul.

http://www.softdevlabs.com http://www.softdevlabs.com
mail: ***@... mailto:***@...