DASD
jonaswoelfer@yahoo.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-01 08:21:33 UTC
Hello,
if i type this "
dasdinit -linux -lfs SLES11.3390-9 3390-9 ROOT"

I create a DASD file with 9gb.

What is the command to create a DASD for about 20-30 GB ?

Greetings
Mario Izaguirre maiz2005@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-01 08:42:00 UTC
HI Jonas.

See this post here...

http://es.scribd.com/doc/51615339/IBM-Mainframe-Disk-Capacity-Table#scribd

Regards.
--
Atentamente,

Mario Izaguirre
Barcelona, Spain
mst mikestramba@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Barcelona, Spain
jonaswoelfer@yahoo.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-01 09:18:46 UTC
jonaswoelfer@yahoo.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-01 09:19:23 UTC
Thank you so much!!
This helps me.

Greetings
Mario Izaguirre maiz2005@gmail.com [hercules-390]

Barcelona, Spain
'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-01 18:45:23 UTC
Post by Mario Izaguirre ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
HI Jonas.
See this post here...
http://es.scribd.com/doc/51615339/IBM-Mainframe-Disk-Capacity-
Table#scribd
OR...

The same thing as a text file from our group's Files area:

OR...

If you use Windows and have my HercGUI(*) installed you can display the same information by choosing the "Dasd Geometry Chart" command from the "Help" menu.
--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories

(*) http://www.softdevlabs.com/hercgui
Mike Schwab Mike.A.Schwab@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-01 22:05:38 UTC
http://value-4it.com/wp/?p=5
3390-EAVs
z/OS 1.10 262,668 Cylinders
z/OS 1.13 *4
8 more bits available to expand in ccccCCCH field.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 1:45 PM, ''Fish' (David B. Trout)'
Post by '\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
Post by Mario Izaguirre ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
HI Jonas.
See this post here...
http://es.scribd.com/doc/51615339/IBM-Mainframe-Disk-Capacity-
Table#scribd
OR...
OR...
If you use Windows and have my HercGUI(*) installed you can display the same information by choosing the "Dasd Geometry Chart" command from the "Help" menu.
--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories
http://www.softdevlabs.com
(*) http://www.softdevlabs.com/hercgui
Yahoo Groups Links
--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-390]
2015-09-02 07:43:15 UTC
Here is the link that can be found in the
hercules-os380 group:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100209024308/http://www.sdisw.com/vm/dasd_capacity.html

BFN. Paul.
'\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' david.b.trout@gmail.com [hercules-390]
2015-09-02 06:24:03 UTC
(TO: hercules-390 list)
(BCC: original sender)
Your dasd-sizes.txt does not have the last notes that
that archive.org has of the SDI Software dasd_capacity
page.
I know, but freaking Yahoo will not let me update it because the email address associated with my Yahoo account has changed. I'm not sure what email address I was using with Yahoo Groups when I originally uploaded it (and AFAIK there's no way to find out), but my the email address I now use with my Yahoo account is my gmail email address, which is not the same one as I used to upload my dasd geometry chart with.

So even though my Yahoo account USERID is still the same (hasn't changed since I originally created my Yahoo account oh so many years ago!) it nevertheless refuses to let me update it or delete it, etc (or any other files I uploaded under my old email address!) because it doesn't recognize me as being ME! It doesn't recognize ME as being the owner of the freaking file!

Yahoo themselves don't give a crap, and neither Roger Bowler nor Jay Maynard -- who are the sole "owners" of the "Hercules-390" Yahoo group as far as I know -- gives a crap either. Neither respond to ANY emails I send them regarding ANY hercules-390 group administration concerns.

I hate Yahoo. With a passion like no other. I've been screaming to get us off Yahoo for YEARS now (as have others), but alas!, nothing ever seems to come of it. (sigh)
mail: ***@softdevlabs.com
kerravon86@yahoo.com.au [hercules-390]
2015-09-03 09:45:10 UTC
Post by '\'Fish\' (David B. Trout)' ***@gmail.com [hercules-390]
who are the sole "owners" of the "Hercules-390"
Yahoo group as far as I know
It looks like this "neo" crap has taken away
the ability to view membership and
moderatorship information. :-(

Even when the "neo" first started, I found
that I could view membership information
by going to membership of a group I
owned, and then change the group name
on the URL to the one I didn't own, and
was able to view the information, but that
loophole seems to have disappeared now. :-(

BFN. Paul.