hanger from time to time
Erik Janssen
2004-12-21 18:23:49 UTC
Simon,

I've had similar experiences with this hang. Hercules seemed to be in some
kind of a spin loop, because a stop / start from the cpu got the system
responding again. Could you try a stop / start and see if that works?
Haven't had the hangup with the 3.02 version though, so perhaps an upgrade
will get rid of the problem.

Erik Janssen.
Hi Group.
We have Hercules installed on a Big ( 2 >2Ghz Prosessors 2GB Memory )
Linux Box.
From Time to time we face a complete hang of Hercules.
there is no responce to D A,L on the System console
no error messages are shown.
Quit command does'nt work.
All we can do is to kill Hercules.
This Hanger is discusting.
We think ( this is a Feeling ) that mostly the hang apears, when we do
lots of IP stuff ( like several FTP's , IPSockets a.s.o. )
Our System has SATA Disk, witch does striping.
Does Hercules face any Problems with Striping / SATA Disks ?
Regards
Simon Beck

Message: 22
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 02:17:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Jim Tony <extrainnings_2004-/***@public.gmane.org>
Subject: RPF and Insufficient Work Units

Hi,
This is regarding upgrading RPF 1.42 to 1.52?. I submitted the jcl from
rpfinst.txt. The MVS Console expected the reply. But I entered a wrong one.
Then I again submitted the same job to enter the correct reply. This time
the response is duplication in dasd.(alloc obj). I try to delete that
dataset, but it is not catalogued. So I simply entered the same reply
(00480) in the mvs console in thought of job may be still running.

Someone told u had error on the CLEANUP step. Atleast one DELETE did not
work. I leave column 1 blank for DELETE.

So much of confusion, I want to submit that job(jcl) newly. So what are
steps to be followed?

As a first JCL to run for sample, i tried the sorting the record. This is
the jcl I used.

//HERC01C JOB CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=X,MSGLEVEL=(1,1)
//STEP02 EXEC PGM=SORT
//SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN DD DSN=HERC01.MIN.PDS(MIN3),DISP=SHR
//SORTOUT DD DSN=HERC01.MIN.PDS(SORT1),DISP=SHR
//SRTWK01 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(2,2))
//SYSIN DD *
SORT FIELDS=(5,3,A,CH)
/*
//

JOB starts at 11 column
KEYWORD start at 16 column

HERC01.MIN.PDS(MIN3)
--------------------------------------
111 JACK HRD 120000
201 TOM SAL 400000
102 HANI IT 123233

HERC01.MIN.PDS(SORT1)
---------------------------------------
//

I get the error: Insufficient work units.

Sometimes when I startmvs it took lots of time and displays some dasd number
that is not recovered continuosly. why it's happening.

If we submit the job and that job waits for some resources and keeps on
running how to cancel that job and how to know what are the jobs still
runnung. If we use time keyword in the job it will terminated with that
time.

If I want to see the jcl error message, I have to press f3 come out of RPF
and then type Q to display the JLOG,JMSG etc. If i want to edit the jcl once
again i go RPF and edit. There is any other way to do it.

Regards,
Tony.

Message: 23
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:34:19 -0000
From: "Rupert" <rupertengelbert-/***@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Linkage stack
:>My memory is vague, but perhaps the problem was with subtasks stacking
:>and unstacking entries out of order, corrupting the return path? The
:>answer at the time was us to modify the project linkage macros
:>to provide SAVEAREA linkage, BAKR or, perversely, both.
Nope.
We did demonstrate this problem with some fairly simple code. Are you
saying something's been changed? Or that you're not aware of a problem
arising?

Roo

Message: 24
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:09:37 +0100
From: "Volker Bandke" <vbandke-YBl2UDX+LVZWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>
Subject: RE: cannot enter commands from DOS window

Why? I am running XP prof with SP2, and Cygwin 1.5.12 - no problems so
far - (except the P4 HyperThreading issue, of course)

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

It's six o'clock and time for the penguin on top of your terminal to
explode.

(Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)

2004-12-21 18:57:59 UTC
Hi

The Herc has still this problem.... with 3.02 or earlier....

Just my 4 cents

Regards
Gene
Post by Erik Janssen
Simon,
I've had similar experiences with this hang. Hercules seemed to be in some
kind of a spin loop, because a stop / start from the cpu got the system
responding again. Could you try a stop / start and see if that works?
Haven't had the hangup with the 3.02 version though, so perhaps an upgrade
will get rid of the problem.
Erik Janssen.
Hi Group.
We have Hercules installed on a Big ( 2 >2Ghz Prosessors 2GB Memory )
Linux Box.
From Time to time we face a complete hang of Hercules.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:09:37 +0100
Message: 25
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:47:51 -0000
Subject: Errors using hercules 3.02 snapshot 15-december
I have update hercules to the last version 3.02
I have a problem using a tape created by HETINIT, after an iebcopy i
IEC537I BLOCK COUNTS: DEVICE=0, DCB=6
IEC210I 214-10,IFG0200Y,VSTSEFB7,COPY,OUTDD1,0400,TRASPA,TRASPA
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=214 REASON CODE=00000010
TIME=14.29.34 SEQ=00016 CPU=0000 ASID=0022
PSW AT TIME OF ERROR 075C1000 80DAE3FE ILC 2 INTC 0D
NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND
NAME=UNKNOWN
DATA AT PSW 00DAE3F8 - 4100376A 0A0D1B99 4390601D
AR/GR 0: 80C2FC28/00DAE4DC 1: 00000000/A4214000
2: 00000000/00008A00 3: 00000000/00DADD72
4: 00000000/009DE410 5: 00000000/009DE7A4
6: 00000000/009DE74C 7: 00000000/009DE7A4
8: 00000000/009DE76C 9: 00000000/009DFEC0
A: 00000000/00DC910A B: 00000000/000175BC
C: 00000000/009DFEC0 D: 00000000/00000080
E: 00000000/80DADDAC F: 00000000/00000010
END OF SYMPTOM DUMP
"Explanation: The error occurred during processing of a CLOSE macro
instruction for a data set on magnetic tape. The number of blocks
processed, which is determined by the position of the tape, does not
match the number of blocks specified in the DCB. This error can occur
if a cancel command is issued during the time a QSAM tape output job
using more than one output buffer is executing. Canceling the job
might cause an abend 210 with return code 10."
The tape seems to be good, but the hardware reports 0 blocks and the
sofware expects 6 blocks.
Some body knows if this "error" is introduced by version 3.02?
Thanks A lot
Eduard
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Volker Bandke
2004-12-21 19:00:36 UTC

That has been fixed quite some time ago - try a newer snapshot (like from today or yesterday)

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

Some people have one of those days. i have one of those lives!

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 02:17:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Jim Tony <extrainnings_2004-/***@public.gmane.org>

[...]

- --------------------------------------
111 JACK HRD 120000
201 TOM SAL 400000
102 HANI IT 123233

HERC01.MIN.PDS(SORT1)
- ---------------------------------------
//

I get the error: Insufficient work units.

Sometimes when I startmvs it took lots of time and displays some dasd number
that is not recovered continuosly. why it's happening.

If we submit the job and that job waits for some resources and keeps on
running how to cancel that job and how to know what are the jobs still
runnung. If we use time keyword in the job it will terminated with that
time.

If I want to see the jcl error message, I have to press f3 come out of RPF
and then type Q to display the JLOG,JMSG etc. If i want to edit the jcl once
again i go RPF and edit. There is any other way to do it.

Regards,
Tony.

- ---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
All your favorites on one personal page - Try My Yahoo!

Message: 23

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:09:37 +0100
From: "Volker Bandke" <vbandke-YBl2UDX+LVZWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>

*** PGP Signature Status: bad
*** Signer: Volker Bandke <vbandke-YBl2UDX+LVZWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>
*** Signed: 21.12.2004 12:09:34
*** Verified: 21.12.2004 19:59:31
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
hercules_g5
2004-12-21 21:09:14 UTC
hi

you mean that there is a newer v ersion for the MAC TOO?

REGARDS
gene
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:09:37 +0100
*** PGP Signature Status: bad
*** Signed: 21.12.2004 12:09:34
*** Verified: 21.12.2004 19:59:31
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
[...]
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules
Yahoo! Groups Links
*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
Message: 25
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:47:51 -0000
I have update hercules to the last version 3.02
I have a problem using a tape created by HETINIT, after an iebcopy i
IEC537I BLOCK COUNTS: DEVICE=0, DCB=6
IEC210I 214-10,IFG0200Y,VSTSEFB7,COPY,OUTDD1,0400,TRASPA,TRASPA
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=214 REASON CODE=00000010
TIME=14.29.34 SEQ=00016 CPU=0000 ASID=0022
PSW AT TIME OF ERROR 075C1000 80DAE3FE ILC 2 INTC 0D
NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND
NAME=UNKNOWN
DATA AT PSW 00DAE3F8 - 4100376A 0A0D1B99 4390601D
AR/GR 0: 80C2FC28/00DAE4DC 1: 00000000/A4214000
2: 00000000/00008A00 3: 00000000/00DADD72
4: 00000000/009DE410 5: 00000000/009DE7A4
6: 00000000/009DE74C 7: 00000000/009DE7A4
8: 00000000/009DE76C 9: 00000000/009DFEC0
A: 00000000/00DC910A B: 00000000/000175BC
C: 00000000/009DFEC0 D: 00000000/00000080
E: 00000000/80DADDAC F: 00000000/00000010
END OF SYMPTOM DUMP
"Explanation: The error occurred during processing of a CLOSE macro
instruction for a data set on magnetic tape. The number of blocks
processed, which is determined by the position of the tape, does not
match the number of blocks specified in the DCB. This error can occur
if a cancel command is issued during the time a QSAM tape output job
using more than one output buffer is executing. Canceling the job
might cause an abend 210 with return code 10."
The tape seems to be good, but the hardware reports 0 blocks and the
sofware expects 6 blocks.
Some body knows if this "error" is introduced by version 3.02?
Thanks A lot
Eduard
- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Volker Bandke
2004-12-21 22:08:17 UTC
hercules_g5
2004-12-23 00:26:55 UTC
Hi

well I suggest to try em.... I did em all (win, Suse, RedHat).... an Apple is still the best stuff
u ever get...

I went back to the MACs after 9 years....
Post by Erik Janssen
Don't know - I don't do Macs (nor Big Macs)
With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
When you try to make an impression, the chances are that that is the impression you
will make.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:09:37 +0100
*** PGP Signature Status: bad
*** Signed: 21.12.2004 12:09:34
*** Verified: 21.12.2004 19:59:31
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:47:51 -0000
I have update hercules to the last version 3.02
I have a problem using a tape created by HETINIT, after an iebcopy i
IEC537I BLOCK COUNTS: DEVICE=0, DCB=6
IEC210I 214-10,IFG0200Y,VSTSEFB7,COPY,OUTDD1,0400,TRASPA,TRASPA
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=214 REASON CODE=00000010
TIME=14.29.34 SEQ=00016 CPU=0000 ASID=0022
PSW AT TIME OF ERROR 075C1000 80DAE3FE ILC 2 INTC 0D
NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND
NAME=UNKNOWN
DATA AT PSW 00DAE3F8 - 4100376A 0A0D1B99 4390601D
AR/GR 0: 80C2FC28/00DAE4DC 1: 00000000/A4214000
2: 00000000/00008A00 3: 00000000/00DADD72
4: 00000000/009DE410 5: 00000000/009DE7A4
6: 00000000/009DE74C 7: 00000000/009DE7A4
8: 00000000/009DE76C 9: 00000000/009DFEC0
A: 00000000/00DC910A B: 00000000/000175BC
C: 00000000/009DFEC0 D: 00000000/00000080
E: 00000000/80DADDAC F: 00000000/00000010
END OF SYMPTOM DUMP
"Explanation: The error occurred during processing of a CLOSE macro
instruction for a data set on magnetic tape. The number of blocks
processed, which is determined by the position of the tape, does not
match the number of blocks specified in the DCB. This error can occur
if a cancel command is issued during the time a QSAM tape output job
using more than one output buffer is executing. Canceling the job
might cause an abend 210 with return code 10."
The tape seems to be good, but the hardware reports 0 blocks and the
sofware expects 6 blocks.
Some body knows if this "error" is introduced by version 3.02?
Thanks A lot
Eduard
-
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Volker Bandke
2004-12-23 07:02:16 UTC
hercules_g5
2004-12-23 19:01:28 UTC
Hi

I understand :))

but one day you may consider it.....

Regards
Gene
Post by Erik Janssen
No chance. I have a network with 8 Intel based PCs at home (5 Windows, 3 Linux
based), and a Flex-es box. I have the software I want to run, and I am happy with it. Why
shell out more money for a different architecture, which, in turn, means more money for
software. Thanks for the msg, I see no reason though to switch
Post by Erik Janssen
With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:09:37 +0100
*** PGP Signature Status: bad
*** Signed: 21.12.2004 12:09:34
*** Verified: 21.12.2004 19:59:31
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:47:51 -0000
I have update hercules to the last version 3.02
I have a problem using a tape created by HETINIT, after an iebcopy i
IEC537I BLOCK COUNTS: DEVICE=0, DCB=6
IEC210I 214-10,IFG0200Y,VSTSEFB7,COPY,OUTDD1,0400,TRASPA,TRASPA
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=214 REASON CODE=00000010
TIME=14.29.34 SEQ=00016 CPU=0000 ASID=0022
PSW AT TIME OF ERROR 075C1000 80DAE3FE ILC 2 INTC 0D
NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND
NAME=UNKNOWN
DATA AT PSW 00DAE3F8 - 4100376A 0A0D1B99 4390601D
AR/GR 0: 80C2FC28/00DAE4DC 1: 00000000/A4214000
2: 00000000/00008A00 3: 00000000/00DADD72
4: 00000000/009DE410 5: 00000000/009DE7A4
6: 00000000/009DE74C 7: 00000000/009DE7A4
8: 00000000/009DE76C 9: 00000000/009DFEC0
A: 00000000/00DC910A B: 00000000/000175BC
C: 00000000/009DFEC0 D: 00000000/00000080
E: 00000000/80DADDAC F: 00000000/00000010
END OF SYMPTOM DUMP
"Explanation: The error occurred during processing of a CLOSE macro
instruction for a data set on magnetic tape. The number of blocks
processed, which is determined by the position of the tape, does not
match the number of blocks specified in the DCB. This error can occur
if a cancel command is issued during the time a QSAM tape output job
using more than one output buffer is executing. Canceling the job
might cause an abend 210 with return code 10."
The tape seems to be good, but the hardware reports 0 blocks and the
sofware expects 6 blocks.
Some body knows if this "error" is introduced by version 3.02?
Thanks A lot
Eduard
-
Post by Erik Janssen
Post by Erik Janssen
- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Greg Smith
2004-12-21 22:14:04 UTC
Post by hercules_g5
hi
you mean that there is a newer v ersion for the MAC TOO?
REGARDS
gene
Hold on. For certain instructions that require serialization (eg TS,
CS, CDS, etc), we use host assembler routines. As far as I know, there
should not be smp problems for 32-bit intel ... if there are then that's
a bug we need to look at. Next, we do have some assembler assists for
ppc.

Whether or not they get generated for the MAC is a different story. It
depends on the predefined macros. On linux I do

touch empty.c
gcc -E -dM empty.c

to display them. If you could post your results I could determine if
the assists are being generated on not.

Greg

Greg

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
ivan_warhead
2004-12-21 22:42:19 UTC
<snip />
Post by Greg Smith
depends on the predefined macros. On linux I do
touch empty.c
gcc -E -dM empty.c
to display them. If you could post your results I could determine if
the assists are being generated on not.
Greg
So that everyone understands what we are looking at...

We did experiment with a Power5 base pSeries running Suse/linux (and
we then discovered we did need to do some work for ppc/ppc64 when
dealing with multi-cpu hosts in a multi-cpu guest environment) -
which Greg did marvelously...

Now, since the Mac is *ALSO* a Power based machine (but slightly
different, using an Altivec capable 970 SCM Power 4 chip instead of
the DCM Power5 chip w/o Altivec but with SMT (The Power
Hyperthreading equivalent)) we are looking if the gcc shipped with
Darwin is giving the same CPU type macros (and hence would also
trigger the production of the assembler host assists)..

--Ivan

(replied from the web based stuff since yahoo has decided to cut my
e-mail feed since some mails have been bouncing - and some because
it was using an improper e-mail address.. go figure !)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Norman Hollander
2004-12-22 03:55:32 UTC
Anyone know what format the ADCDs are for z/VM?
DDR format? Any ideas or pointers to doc on installing
would be appreciated.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Adam Thornton
2004-12-22 05:09:17 UTC
Post by Norman Hollander
Anyone know what format the ADCDs are for z/VM?
DDR format? Any ideas or pointers to doc on installing
would be appreciated.
You might want to check whether your ADCD license allows you to install
it on Hercules.

Adam

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Norman Hollander
2004-12-22 05:25:00 UTC
Thank you. I'm focusing on the content of the CDs.
If you have any info on their content, I'd be interested
in that.

Adam
Adam Thornton
2004-12-22 05:31:25 UTC
Post by Norman Hollander
Thank you. I'm focusing on the content of the CDs.
If you have any info on their content, I'd be interested
in that.
Beats me.

Adam

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Phil Pinto
2004-12-22 06:16:07 UTC
Norm,

They come in a zipped disk image format that can be downloaded from a
special IBM web site for PWD members who own a flex-es system. When you
unzip them you will see two files created because they are larger than 2GB,
the file names will indicate the type (RES, ETC.) and the UCB associated
with that device, the only other thing you need is to specify the console
address in the load parm for the master console. However as stated in
PWD member and IBM to run them on anything other than the registered flex
system that you own/lease.

-Phil

Adam
Axel Schwarzer, -shw.MD-
2004-12-22 07:28:12 UTC
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:55:32 -0800
Subject: [SPAM-2] - [hercules-390] Anyone Install zVM on Herc?
Anyone know what format the ADCDs are for z/VM?
No. But I assume they are compressed P390 dasd images (as they are on
the VSE/ESA cds).
DDR format? Any ideas or pointers to doc on installing
For zVM they are in DDR format and the installation is described in
GC24-5992-02 for zVM 4.3 (see http://www.vm.ibm.com/pubs/ too).
--
Mit freundlichem Gruss/Kind regards

- Axel Schwarzer -

GnuPGP-FingerPrint: 0E18 D30F B175 1D09 7E55 B0F2 A09A 4F8E E5A8 4570

Messe Duesseldorf GmbH tel +49 (0)211 45 60-294
G3-D, zentrale Systeme cell phone +49 (0)151 16 23 19 15
Axel Schwarzer (Syst.Prog) tfx +49 (0)211 45 60-87 294
Messeplatz +49 (0)211 45 42 311

40474 Duesseldorf mailto:SchwarzerA-***@public.gmane.org
Germany http://www.messe-duesseldorf.de/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
hercules_g5
2004-12-23 00:23:29 UTC
Hi Greg

I encountered these problems on a dual intel 933Mhz (ASUS), Intel 3GHZ and now on the
MAC G5 dual... single processors as far as I remember were never a problem. Mind you I
try to run dozens of compiles.....

I can live with that... as I simply cancel then Force a job and re-run the bugger again...

My problem is that tun/tap on a G5 dual fails.... therefor LINUX or WIN is a better solution
until someone fixes that problem for a MAC.

Started to play with an FTP... it transmits 4 members and then it blows up the MAC (re-
boot).

Regards
Gene
Greg Smith
2004-12-23 00:53:41 UTC
Post by hercules_g5
My problem is that tun/tap on a G5 dual fails.... therefor LINUX or WIN is a better solution
until someone fixes that problem for a MAC.
As Adam suggested, this definitely sounds like a problem with the
tun/tap driver. That is, it sounds broken for smp. And as Adam
suggested, try contacting the developer. He might be very interested in
fixing his driver for smp, esp if your're willing to work with him (I
would be).

Greg

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Adam Thornton
2004-12-23 04:11:48 UTC
Post by Greg Smith
Post by hercules_g5
My problem is that tun/tap on a G5 dual fails.... therefor LINUX or
WIN is a better solution
until someone fixes that problem for a MAC.
As Adam suggested, this definitely sounds like a problem with the
tun/tap driver. That is, it sounds broken for smp. And as Adam
suggested, try contacting the developer. He might be very interested in
fixing his driver for smp, esp if your're willing to work with him (I
would be).
I dropped him a line too; have not heard back yet.

Adam

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
hercules_g5
2004-12-23 18:54:21 UTC
Hi Greg

the developer already answered.... he wants MY G5!!! :))) to test....

It is 100% his software.... I did native TCPIP tests...
soon after te message: sending data set xxxxx the G5 blows up...

doing an FTP on the local G5 did not have this effect so far....

Regards
Gene
Adam Thornton
2004-12-23 04:10:46 UTC
Post by hercules_g5
Started to play with an FTP... it transmits 4 members and then it blows up the MAC (re-
boot).
Yep, that sounds like what was being previously reported.

Oh well. Works OK on a uniprocessor :-(
Post by hercules_g5
Post by Greg Smith
if there are then that's
a bug we need to look at. Next, we do have some assembler assists for
ppc.
Whether or not they get generated for the MAC is a different story.
It
depends on the predefined macros. On linux I do
touch empty.c
gcc -E -dM empty.c
to display them. If you could post your results I could determine if
the assists are being generated on not.
I wonder if this is why my PPC is so disappontingly slow.

Adam

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
Norman Hollander
2004-12-23 17:44:51 UTC
Morning Folks-

I'm sure this conversation has been had here, already.
So if anyone has answers or can point me to the thread
I would appreciate it.

I have CDs that contain tape images in dump format. I'd
like to define these CDs to HERC as Tape Volumes. One of
the Tapes is actually IPL-able. And ideas?

TIA-

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/W4wwlB/TM
somitcw
2004-12-23 18:04:56 UTC